Thursday 31 January 2008

Spinach 2

...well I've been busy, ok? And have also had salads the past couple of evenings, which isn't really cooking, is it?

G made a salad, which apparently was someone else's invention.... it's more popeye, though:

Half a bag of baby spinach
approx 200g sliced mushrooms (button ones, I guess)
cashew nuts
Goats Cheese (one which is very similar to a tubular Brie, if you can't get a goaty version)
Soy Sauce.

Well, the sliced mushrooms should be lightly fried in olive oil, but only for a couple of minutes... not so cooked they've gone completely limp. And not burnt, either!

Mix the spinach, mushrooms, and a small hand-full of cashews together, with a little olive oil and soy sauce.

Serve onto plates, and stick slices of the goats cheese on top.

Now I thought that sounded pretty bland before I ate it, but it's actually a very pleasant and delicately flavoured dish; so I hope I've remembered all the ingredients this time :)

Anybody thinks that's too much spinach? You can't have too much spinach!

I'm cooking alone tonight, sniff, but I have some asparagus, which is some consolation. What to do with it?

...I almost added a link to Delia Smith's web site, as I like her books. However, it's the most horrid looking site I've seen - even horribler than Last.fm :P - so I couldn't do it.

5 comments:

NuNa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NuNa said...

eipsss i know that one!... but with bacon -fried- instead chesse... u must taste it! ;)

Too much spinach? bah.... who said that?! bullshit! ;D

PS: I adore spinach... and mmmmmmsshhhh asparragussss!!! -la puntit, la puntita...hahahaha- ;D (got a superb' recipe with those...)

discoriggall said...

it's all very well saying "got a superb recipe with those".... what is it?

Anonymous said...

I should think over about the "adding cashews everywhere" thing! also, spinachs are the reason for the background colour of your blog? :P

discoriggall said...

no cashews? did I remember wrong? I'm not recommending "walnuts" because I don't like them ;)