Tuesday 22 January 2008

Spinach Pasta

2 big tomatoes (verde, or beef)
1/2 bag of fresh baby spinach (I forget the weight, oops, see below)
1/2 big onion
2 garlic cloves
mixed dried herbs, salt, pepper (to taste)
lump of cheese
250g tagliatelle
(Was for 2 people, but I cooked far too much)

so, chopped half a big onion, and two cloves of garlic, and fried for a couple for minutes.
Added two diced "beef" tomatoes (the big ones!), mixed herbs, salt and pepper, and continued to fry over medium heat until softening.
Then, two big handfuls of baby spinach, roughly chopped, slowly fed into the frying pan: It looks like a lot of spinach, but it shrinks really quickly, and you can get loads in!

Leave simmering while...

All that should've taken about 10 minutes, and I was heating a pan of water to the boil at the time. I always boil water for pasta with a little salt and olive oil. I decided to use tagliatelle, which is the most needy of pastas, in my opinion:
Needs constant watching and stirring or it sticks together. Anyway, 5/6 minutes later it's done.

Served with grated "semicurado" Spanish cheese (that's where I am).

Honestly very good; I will repeat it.

2 comments:

NuNa said...

HOHOHOHOHO WTF! Popeye's Spanish Pasta Recipe??!!....
Buuuuut hahahahaha ok...i admit it; smells good; really really good ;D

Dinner for two, dices? mmmmm habrĂ¡ que probarlo ;)

(seems like someone falls down your culinary page after all hohohoho)

discoriggall said...

gracias:)

comida para uno es un poco triste, no?