Tuesday 30 September 2008

meat is murder...


...but molluscs are marvellous! And pretty stupid, so they probably don't mind being eaten at all.

I could eat mussels all day, perhaps with occasional breaks to eat asparagus. I imagine that's a perfectly balanced diet.

In spite of this, somehow I'd never actually cooked them...

These ones (and the photo, obviously, is of the aftermath) were simply washed, and added to a pan of fried onion and garlic, over which I poured a 200ml box of white wine.
(200ml box of white wine? Is that for kids to put in their lunch boxes? How continental!)
The pan was covered, and simmered for a little over 10 minutes.

My supermarket sells them in netted bags, and I failed to notice their weight; I think it was less than a kilo...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read the blog. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

Don't stop posting such themes. I like to read stories like this. By the way add more pics :)